Healthy Early Years London
Bexley Manor Nursery School and Day Nursery has registered and taken the first steps to be part of Healthy Early Years London.
Healthy Early Years London is a scheme funded by the Mayor of London which supports and recognises achievements in child health, wellbeing and development in the Early Years; it complements the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) framework, the curriculum that many Nurseries, reception classes and childminders follow.
We have always worked to encourage healthy eating and exercise at Nursery, but thought we would like to be involved in this initiative to engage children, staff, parents and carers in improving the health and wellbeing of everyone connected to Nursery.
The scheme aims to encourage us to:
- Eat a healthy lunch and healthy snacks
- Drink plenty of water, not fizzy drinks
- Wheel, walk, scoot or cycle to Nursery
- Play, run and jump outdoors and in the park
- Have plenty of sleep
- Have tummy time (babies)
- Sing songs and read stories together
- Brush our teeth and visit the dentist
- Live in a smoke free home
We are looking forward to achieving the next step on our healthy journey, our Bronze award.